The Gardner Institute recognizes individuals and institutions with awards for innovative contributions to postsecondary education.
Submit a nomination to one of our two awards:
The Gardner Institute recognizes postsecondary institutions that have taken active steps to successfully mitigate inequitable performance gaps for historically underrepresented student populations. One two-year and one four-year institution will be selected. The awards will recognize institutions that demonstrate, with strong evidence, their commitment to working toward the attainment of more equitable outcomes, in undergraduate education. The selected institutions will receive:
- A plaque
- Opportunity to present your work and outcomes at A Symposium on Transforming the
Foundational Postsecondary Experience in Pittsburgh, PA in October 2024. (The Gardner
Institute will cover the registration fees and travel cost for one person to accept the award)
- National recognition through Gardner Institute announcements of recipients
- Receive additional opportunities to contribute thought leadership with the Gardner
Institute and the greater higher education community
The Edgerton Fellowship recognizes distinctively innovative contributions to improving postsecondary education and student success while honoring the legacy of Russ Edgerton (1938-2022), an innovator and thought leader in higher education. The Gardner Institute will provide a three-year opportunity for postsecondary leaders to join a community of practice with other motivated people who are doing promising work in their respective spheres. Fellows receive:
- a mentor,
- cohort collaboration,
- annual participation in a community of practice at the Gardner Institute symposium,
- a one-time honorarium of $2,500, and
- opportunities to network and engage with alumni and community networks.